Howards-Home

Monday, April 28, 2008

My Friendship with Laura








Those of you who know me know that Laura and I have worked together and have been friends for many years. For those of you who don't know me personally, Laura has worked for Union Mission for about eight years and that is where we met. Last summer, Laura, her husband and all her dogs moved to the Washington, D.C. area. It was a really big change for me because I was used to seeing her almost every day and she knew so much about me since we spent so much time together. Because of this time, she was able to help me communicate things that I wasn't able to sometimes. She was also a really big part of helping me stay clean because of the time and friendship we shared. I do still get to see her when she comes to town for business and I talk to her on the phone, but it's still a big change from seeing her every day. I wanted to share some photos of Laura and her dogs because her dogs define a large part of Laura. She has six! I got to know all of them and miss them, too -- they don't get to fly to Savannah with Laura when she visits. I especially miss Oswyn. Oswyn was a registered therapy dog in Savannah and I believe they are working on registering him in their new town. He's a really special guy and I've known him since he was a baby. I knew when Laura moved that it would be hard and that I would miss her. But what I didn't know was how much I would miss her husband, Jay, and her dogs Oswyn, Judge, Guenther, Cole, Maybelle and H.D.! I love them all so much and thank them for the part they all play in my life!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger lacrossexheart said...

    HEY HOWARD!!! This is CJ from Youthworks. I miss you and Laura so much. I emailed David a couple of days ago about getting information about volunteering at the Union Mission sometime next summer. If I end up volunteering, I'll definately visit you. I want to thank you for telling your story. It really spoke to me.

    love,
    CJ Stauffer

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger Howard Jackson said...

    CJ-
    I'll be looking for you next summer!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home