Howards-Home

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Farewell Show



After 25 years, Oprah's talk show is going off the air. I remember when her show first started to get national attention, and it's been going strong ever since. I tried to watch every day if I could, I always enjoyed it.

Her story is incredibly inspiring, as she came from nothing to being one of the richest and most powerful women in the world.



On her first show, she said, "One thread running through each show is the message that you are not alone." This was the first of 10 lessons that she talks about on her final show Wednesday.

2. "Wherever you are that is your talk show and that is where your power lies."

3. "[A calling] lights you up and lets you know you're exactly where you're supposed to be doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing. Live from the heart of yourself. You have to know what sparks the light in you so you in your own way can illuminate the world."

4. "Nobody but you is responsible for your life. And what is your life? What is all life? Every flower, rock, tree? Energy. And you're responsible for the energy that you create for yourself and that you bring to others."

5. "All the energy you spend trying to hurt someone else will turn around and slap you in the face."

6. "There is a difference between thinking you deserve to be happy and knowing you are worthy of happiness. We often block our own blessings because we don't feel smart or pretty or worthy enough. The show's taught me you're worthy because you're born and you're here. You alone are enough."

7. "[People] want to know 'Do you see me, do you hear me? Does what I say mean anything to you?' Try it with your children, your husband, your boss -- validate them. 'I see you. I hear you. And what you say matters to me.'"

8. "I know that presence [God], that flow -- some call it grace -- is working in my life at every single turn. It's closer than your breath and it's yours for the asking ... You can acknowledge it or not. You can ignore it. Or you can know it... God is love and god is life and your life is always speaking to you.

9. "My hope is you will be a safe harbor for somebody else. Connect, embrace, liberate, love just one person. Then spread that to two and see what a difference that makes."

10. "There are no coincidences. Only divine order here."

I know that this isn't the end for Oprah, and that she'll be successful in whatever else she chooses to do. I wish her the best.


10 Lessons taken from: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/oprahs-final-farewell-10-lessons-learned.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home