Howards-Home

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm back!



Here is a picture of me and Karim, a fellow CCABoH member, at the Union Mission Kole Center Opening. The Kole Center is housing for women experiencing homelessness who want to work on their addiction issues.

I am on the right path with God. I recently finished a beautiful painting with my collaborator Sierra. The painting was of the Zodiac Wheel. We donated it to the Starfish Gala, a fundraiser for the Starfish Cafe. The Starfish Cafe is also a Union Mission program that teaches culinary arts to people who are at risk or experiencing homelessness. The Starfish is open to the public and serves wonderful gourmet food. I like the Bread Pudding best!

Let me tell you about Karim. He is on the CCABoH board. CCABoH stands for Community Consumer Advocacy Board on Homelessness and strives to be a community voice for those experiencing homelessness from people who have experienced it firsthand. Karim and I have been friends for about 15 years. He's a great guy!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:25 AM , Blogger rachel said...

    Good morning Howard! Your page looks really good. I enjoyed reading it. Stop by the Cafe soon! Chef Rachel

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger lswebb said...

    Good to see you are back to blogging! Love the photo of you and Karim!

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger Jenilyn said...

    Howard, it's great to read your blog! Thanks for the update. I am excited for all of our youth to meet you this summer and hear your stories. They will be blessed!
    - Jenilyn from YouthWorks

     
  • At 9:55 PM , Blogger Jeff said...

    You have a tool here to help others, to share your experiences. Also to help those at Grace House, you can make a change. Best of Luck

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home